Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Popcorn Listener

One of my jobs on campus is bartender at The Last Chapter Pub. The Pub is a great place to hang out with friends and get free sodas and free snacks. For snacks we usually have, party mix, cheese balls, pretzels (regular and peanut butter filled), animal crackers (plan and chocolate) and we even make popcorn.
I HATE POPCORN.
I hate everything about it. How it smells, how it taste, how it sounds when it pops, and even how it gets suck in your teeth. So when the only snack that the Pub had today was popcorn I was not happy. This meant that I had to make some.
So I put the popcorn in the kettle and start to let it pop. The problem with that the popcorn does not all fall out of the kettle so you have to pay attention and listen. Then you must turn it off and dump the popcorn to the bottom of the machine.
For any normal person this would be easy, but of course for me it is difficult. I stand next to the machine and listen to it. When it starts to slow down is when I start to worry because of it starts for just one second to late it will be burnt.

“I’m the Popcorn Listener.” I say to my friends how are at the Pub for me. The all just give me a weird look. But hey I could be the popcorn listener because it ended out coming out perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment